About Me

My photo
I'm a colonist who has declared war on machines and intend to conquer them some day. You'll often find me deep in the trenches fighting off bugs and ugly defects in code. When I'm not tappity-tapping at my WMD (also, known as keyboard), you'll find me chatting with friends, reading comics or playing a PC game.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

MI isn't Mission Impossible

I don't want to start a war of ideas on whether Multiple Inheritance is a good thing or not. I know several good programmers who can't get along without multiple inheritance and there are other smart people who feel that multiple inheritance is detrimental to their work. At the end of the day, it comes down to the simple truth that multiple inheritance is not evil in itself, its the way you use it. Sure, it can trip you up in ways you never thought of before but it can also be a very powerful language feature that makes code more elegant and reusable. A while back, I wrote an article on the common "gotchas" with multiple inheritance in C++ and submitted it to Codeguru. Please feel free to read the article here.

No comments: