About Me

My photo
I'm a colonist who has declared war on machines and intend to conquer them some day. You'll often find me deep in the trenches fighting off bugs and ugly defects in code. When I'm not tappity-tapping at my WMD (also, known as keyboard), you'll find me chatting with friends, reading comics or playing a PC game.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Album recommendation - The Goo Goo Dolls

Music is a funny thing...Normally, you go out and buy an album because you like one particular song that's been playing over and over on VH1. When you do buy the album, you realise that the rest of the tracks suck (not always). After a little while, even the song that you really liked isn't so nice anymore because its been done to death on TV. That's why its always a good idea to do a little background check on music. There are lots of sites out there that let you preview a 30 seconds of each track before you buy the album. Use this feature. You'll be able to make a better decision. Unless you're a die-hard fan of the artist, always make sure that the tracks measure up to your taste in music.

That said, I have an album recommendation to make. If there's anyone out there who's into Alternative Rock, give The Goo Goo Dolls a listen. I really love this band and one of my favourite albums is Let Love In. I'm not going to write a review on any of the songs simply because one man's symphony is another man's cacophony.

1 comment:

Midhun Harikumar said...

Just wanted to bring a point to everyone's notice. The smash hit movie Transformers [2007] featured a song from Goo Goo Dolls.

"Goo Goo Dolls - Before It's Too Late (Sam And Mikaela's Theme)"

A very different song compared to the rest of the album songs.

So hope this album does live up to its recomendation.