Here are some of the nice things that I noted about Fate:
- The game isn't as dark and gritty as Diablo II. The graphics are a lot more kiddish. Its 3D though but I find that sometimes when 2D artwork is done well in can look a lot better than a 3D game.
- You have a pet (a dog or a cat) that fights on your behalf and can run back to town to sell items. The pet can also be transformed into some of the monsters that we encounter by feeding it fish!
- Death isn't as frustrating as in Diablo. If the player dies, Fate itself appears and offers to resurrect the player (at the cost of experience, gold or both).
- The dungeon level layouts and monsters and treasures are randomized.
- You don't have different character classes as in Diablo II. The decision to be groomed as a brawler, sorceror or something in between is made while playing the game (Like purchasing sorceror items, giving more priority to Magic points instead of Strength).