About Me

My photo
I'm a colonist who has declared war on machines and intend to conquer them some day. You'll often find me deep in the trenches fighting off bugs and ugly defects in code. When I'm not tappity-tapping at my WMD (also, known as keyboard), you'll find me chatting with friends, reading comics or playing a PC game.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Kubuntu 7.10 CD request

I feel quite happy today because the Kubuntu Gutsy CD that I requested from Canonical has arrived. I requested for the 32-bit version of the CD on the 7th of March and today is April Fool's. So, it totally took little more than three weeks to deliver the CD. I figured that since I lived in India which is quite some distance from the US, I'd at least have to pay for the shipping charges. The truth is that I didn't have to pay a dime, no shipping charges - nothing! A friend of mine told me that he had also got some free Ubuntu stickers along with his CD request. I didn't but that's okay because now I can make my own stickers. :D

https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

No comments: